Monday, February 26, 2007

Groundhog Day (Day 4)

The kiddos are all tucked in but Jen is still not home. I consider the assignment over ;-) Minus the one incident with Payton (apparently Grandma Judy's kiss helped - today the bruising was not very noticeable) the long weekend was actually not all that bad. It was great to get to play with them so much...I didn't "miss" work in the slightest. In fact, I really am not looking forward to going back tomorrow...shocker. I better keep my trapper shut before the Mrs. gets any more ideas ;-)

Today was pretty uneventful. We stayed at our house the entire day and still managed to keep our sanity. Kade and I even got a few little projects done around the house...like finally hooking up the DVD player to the upstairs TV. All in all an uneventful day.

Tonight the Mrs.'s flight was delayed, so she is getting back a little later than expected. That in and of itself was not all that troubling since I was not planning on any help tonight due to her already planned late arrival. The one issue is that Mrs. Detroit missed her connection so she will now have to spend the night up in Fort Fun and head back to the airport tomorrow. Something which I am anticipating will impact my day tomorrow even though that has not been brought to my attention yet. Additionally, it meant that I had to go down and clean up the basement and make the spare bedroom for a guest (don't worry Mrs. Detroit, I don't mind at all...). I guess in the end its a good thing I was not successful at buying the Mrs. her homecoming gift, as it appears that won't be necessary anymore ;-)

Finally, tonight Kade and I were tracking Jen's flight across the country on the internet. He absolutely loved watching the little bubble move across the screen. He asked several times to "go see where mommy was". Her flight took the northern DEN approach so it pretty much went over "the house". As such, before we went to sleep Kade peered through our big window in the stairwell and "looked for mommy's airplane". We couldn't find it so instead he waved up at the night sky and said goodnight...

2 comments:

FFAR said...

Thanks for making me feel so welcome, Rob. Sorry for screwing up your 11pm romantic plans with your wife.

I know I imposed, but I loved seeing your adorable kids. Everything out of Kade's mouth was so cute.

Ms. Detroit

Rob said...

Hey I thought you were Mrs. Detroit?? What is going on here ;-)