Sunday, February 25, 2007

Groundhog Day (Day 3)

I am way to tired to post tonight. Payton was up 3 times between 1 and 2:30am, Kade woke up screaming that a monster was in his closet about 3am (can you say monster's inc?) and then he got up for good at 6am. Overall, today was great with one major exception. The basic gameplan today was to get out of the house...so, in the AM we went to Zach's and played for a while. Then in the evening we went over to the Zup's for dinner (fresh swordfish). playtime and a bath. So I guess I cheated today...drafting off of other families ;-) Oh well, I figure all's fair in love and war.

Oh yeah, about that major exception. Payton took a huge digger on the hardwood floor today. One second she was standing at the kid table holding on to the edge and the next she wasn't. Unfortunately, the first thing to hit the floor was her face...ooohhh! I am thinking that a shiner is in her immediate future which is just wonderful seeing as this is her first major injury ... and it happened on my shift. Kade's first big digger happened on Jen's shift so that makes us even. I guess we will need to have another kid just to figure out which of us is a worse parent....seeing as we are both tied for last place right now.

Lucky for me yesterday we stopped and bought a big bag of Peet's coffee...it has been the only thing keeping me going today. Let the stomach-rot begin...or continue I guess...

7 comments:

CherkyB said...

The only time either of my kids has required stitches was on the watch of The Mrs. Ditto X-Rays. I've got quite a bit of bank.

Rob said...

Well, seeing as all you do with the kids is watch TV...I would think you are in safe territory ;-)

Unknown said...

You said it already but that IS what you get for watching Monster's Inc! I will NOT be watching that show with my grandchildren!!! So far, so good though! Keep up the great work! I KNOW how much Jen appreciates this break!!!

Rob said...

The odd part is that Kade asks me repeatedly to watch it...when we are watching it he is not scared but i guess that doesn't mean much at 3am. We watched it again today so I expect another curtain call.

Anonymous said...

CherkyB was on watch for the dislocated elbow.

Make sure his feet aren't too hot. That'll make a kid wake up screaming. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you made it through the weekend, which is an accomplishment in itself, and everyone emerged alive, which also an accomplishment! I fell the other day and hit my chin, so I have a huge black and blue on my face, so maybe Payton and I will be twins!

Keep it up. Only a few more hours!

Love to all.... And a grandma kiss to apyton's boo-boo. And tell Kade all monsters are really Cookie Monster and if there are no cookies in the room, he is OK!

CherkyB said...

Ooo - I forgot about the elbow. That cancels out the stitches. I guess I'm only up one trampoline injury.