Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"Best of Pics"

Since my last real post was a little on the political side of things I decided to pull out a few of the pictures that I really liked from our visit to Washington DC. The first picture on the left was taken through the metal bars at the White House. While this picture is probably taken by every person who visits DC it is still an awesome sight to behold. The first picture on the right is of the Capital taken from the back entrance steps of one of the Smithsonian museums (I think National Air and Space but this may be wrong). It was just a great setting that we happened to stumble upon. The stark contrast of the blue sky and green trees and the perfect lighting really made the Capital rotunda stand out. I can't imagine that too many people have captured this angle.

The second picture on the left is from the Korean War monument. Beyond the fact that the quote "Freedom is not free" is a personal favorite of mine...if you click on the picture and look closely at the reflection you will see that right underneath the main words (in reverse) are the stats of the US and UN wounded in the conflict. That one was on purpose - and I imagine that many others have a similar photo. The final picture on the right was taken by Jen and I believe it is from the new WWII monument on the Mall. While this is not an "artistic" picture...it captures a great historical quote which all should read and remember.

I will post the V-Day aftermath tonight hopefully ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I write this in hopes that there is no V-Day aftermath in your home...
I also love the quote, freedom is not free.
Great pictures!

Rob said...

I really wanted to Blog about it last night but my wife decided to have an impromptu V-day party for Kade and his friends today. As such, I spent most of last night cleaning (one of my favorite things to do) and getting things setup for the party. I will definitely get to it this weekend. Basically, our 3 year old had a bout with the flu...made things interesting for the wife and I.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I remember those days...seems like a long time ago.
Not really though.
Mark and I can come and go as we please now. Happy to be in this
"chapter". But, I also miss the one you're in.
I used to get kinda miffed back when little old ladies would stop me at the grocery store and squeeze the boys' cheeks and say, "honey enjoy them now because they'll be gone before you know it". I 'd be like yeah, I hope I get a nap today...20 minutes is all I ask. Pleeease.
Then one day, it just kinda happened.