Saturday, February 24, 2007

Groundhog Day (Day 2)

So I am not going to bore everyone with the daily rundown. Basically in the morning we went to the grocery store and then the Library. While Payton was napping Kade and I played a lot of the "ghost game"...where we both get under a big blanket and make varying noises and tickle each other. After dinner we took a field trip over to the mall to get some ice cream and to stretch the legs. Sad that I have already gotten tired of our house after just two days...I guess we really need a 5K sq ft home ;-) Finally, the kids are in bed (what else do you need to know)!

Things that I have learned so far being a Mr. Mom:
  • Jen often gripes about being around food all day and the associated temptations. My answer today: While at the grocery store we bought two boxes of Girl Scout Cookies and plowed through half a box by the end of the day.
  • It is impossible to not spend money. I just went to the grocery store for coffee and walked out spending $20 (cookies included). Then when we went to the mall for ice cream, I ended up spending $25 (ice cream included). That damned Radio Shack.
  • A messy house is a happy house. Note the two pictures above. Kade and I did put everything away at the end of the day...but during the day it is absolutely not worth the effort.
  • Hot Dogs and Chicken Nuggets rule supreme. Both Kade and Payton gobbled theirs up today.
  • You can not shop for lingerie with two kids. I wanted to get a little homecoming present for the Mrs. but it was just not in the cards for some reason - poor Vickie's ;-)
  • Curious George evokes a lot of emotions from a 3 year old - pics below.













Mr Mom signing off...

4 comments:

CherkyB said...

"[...] a little homecoming present for the Mrs."

Riiiiight.

Rob said...

Of course...are you telling me that you wouldn't do the same for your Mrs ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks remarkably clean. It takes me a week to catch up if I leave CherkyB home alone with the offspring for even an hour, not that you could even tell that I'd picked anything up. Or vacuumed. Or did the dishes. Or the laundry. You're getting the idea. Good yoib to you too.

CherkyB said...

I am telling you I wouldn't do the same for my The Mrs. There would be no end to the punishment I would receive if I were to present my wife with a gift of lingerie, which she considers to be much like being presented with a gift of a tax bill.

The general state of disarray in my house has nothing to do with whether I have been left home alone with The Childrens. When I am home alone with them, all we do is sit in one room and watch TV. That is not a very messy endeavor.