Friday, January 11, 2008

Hillary the Great

Everyone was surprised at the surge Hillary made in NH. Seems like a repeat for the Clintons.... bad in Iowa and good in NH. There is a lot of speculation that the two things that helped her was the snipe that Obama took during the debates ("You're likable enough Hillary") and the already famous crying incident.

About the crying incident....the other night my lovely wife and I were watching the nightly news and the crying video came on. While we were watching...and Hillary started into her "emotional" moment...I suddenly hear a grumble from the whif. "Oh no....don't do it...don't cry...oh no...there she goes...this is exactly why people think women can't be president ;-(" I find it ironic that a woman that never showed emotion while her husband was cheating on her repeatedly would suddenly break down over such a simple thing. Staged or not....it helped her in the short term....but what about the long term? Do you think the feminists are still in her camp?

On a separate Hillary note...I saw this today and was flabbergasted! I certainly hope that this is out of context...because anyone who legitimately says "No woman is illegal" is down right loco. Can you imagine it Obama said that "No black person is illegal" or if McCain said that "No crusty old white man is illegal"....jeez...what is this world coming to! And the guacamole metaphor is just funny in my opinion...
In broken English, one woman told Clinton how she wasn't making money as a broker anymore. "I have no income at all," she said. "So how will I survive?" Choking up with emotion, the woman said, "In my neighborhood, there are brand-new homes, but the value is nothing. I'm glad you are here so I can tell you, because you're going to be the president, I know." A man shouted through an opening in the wall that his wife was illegal.

"No woman is illegal," Clinton said, to cheers.

Summing it up at the end, Clinton said, "We've only talked to a few people, but each of them talk about some part of the problem we are confronting. This is a problem that is only going to get worse if we don't address it." Clinton said unscrupulous lending leads to bad mortgages, which lead to foreclosures, which lead to people with nowhere to go and vacant neighborhoods that can go rapidly downhill.

"We treat these problems as if one is guacamole and one is chips, when ... they both go together," she said.
I feel better

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good point. we never saw a hint of a tear when the crap was hitting the fan....
weird.
hmmmmmmmm............

Rob said...

It should be a good game between your pack and my GMen this weekend....I am really looking forward to the game.