Friday, January 12, 2007

And I thought the Christmas pictures were a disaster...

One huge advantage of having a PC in our living room is that we are able to do slide shows with all our digital pictures over the years. Well, we have been taking digital pictures for about 7 years now so each time I watch the slideshow, I see new pictures and wonder...when the heck was that. I am amazed at how many great and/or funny photos I have forgotten. As a result, I decided to just go back and quickly look through all our pictures and pull out some of my favorites to make sure they don't get lost in the shuffle. Well that was not as easy as I thought. After my fourth hour (only through the first 2.5 years) I stepped back and looked at how many pictures we actually have...well that came in at roughly 10,290 pictures.... YOWZERS! This is going to be a bit of a project. Now I am about 4 years into the photos and I have already pulled out quite a few gems. So I decided that I would post a few of these from time to time just to share them with all of you. These will be in no particular order - with the exception that I started with the oldest directories so these will tend to be a little older at first. So here we go... The first one cracks me up (being a man and all). Kade took over the kid recliner & remote control and proceeded to do what men do best...started scratching! Apparently he is a natural as he intuitively adopted the face that all men assume when in this position. The second is from our wine tasting trip in CA the summer after Kade was born. He really enjoyed playing with the glasses and we caught this picture (no, he had not polished off the glass himself). That might explain why he is such a laid back kiddo ;-)

Ok, onto a more contemporary update. Yesterday was Kade's second day back at school. Apparently he did ok but it seems like he may be slipping back into his old habits. He made a polar bear which he really likes to show me (over and over again) and they also played football in the gym. Next Tuesday he goes back again. This time his bud Zach will also be there so Jen and I are hoping that things go better. Tonight he woke up about 9:30 crying and he was saying that he "did not want to go back to school". Not sure where that one came from but we will just have to hope it does not get worse. I guess he just loves being at home with his mom ;-)

And a final update for those of you on the East coast (or Hawaii)...it is damned cold here! All those liberal jokers who are spun up about global warming should come run their mouth off around here...I could use the extra hot air to help keep the house warm. My thermometer is currently reading -3 degrees F which is the same as it was when I got up this morning. About 2pm this afternoon it reached a soaring +3 degrees F. The snowfall has been small though...only about 2 inches or so which is a relief to my aching back! This morning when I came back into the house after clearing the snow off the driveway (I won't even call it shoveling) my glasses fogged up so badly I couldn't see anything. So I set them down on the table. Kade grabbed them and put them on...which explains the last picture in this blog post. It is damned cold...oh yeah, I think I said that before. Reminds me of Crapchester...I mean Rochester.

And as a special treat for me...it is currently midnight and for some reason Payton's damned sound machine just decided to switch from the soothing sounds of "waterfall" to crazy ass loud Mexican music...isn't that just craptacular. Hmmm, maybe it was made in Mexico and it is actually programmed to do that in the middle of the night in a grand conspiracy to get everyone to like Mexican music...that would explain the bizarro popularity of the Macarena....nah!

So now that I have Payton back to sleep...its time for me to sign off...hasta luego!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a nice family.

Just reading your posts shows that you're fully aware of your blessings.

Awesome.

CherkyB said...

Dood, you went to RIT? Did I know that? I think that makes you a natural born enemy of Me, CherkyB and The JohnnyB.

Tribalism - it's all the rage.

Rob said...

Yup - it was the only undergrad microelectronic program I knew of that actually got you on the fab floor your frosh year...I am a hands on guy and that appealed to me.

I was unaware of any big rivalry between RIT and UofR. From my experiences, most all of us just commiserated together at the bar over the lack of warm weather and hot chicks ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending the cold this way. Now we have the ice coming and 20 degree weather - cold for this part of TEXAS.

Love your blogs -so fun to read.

Mickey

Rob said...

The cold hit a bottom last night...it was -11 at our house. I guess it is supposed to start warming back up this week..the highs are going to be back to about freezing.

Unknown said...

Awesome photos! TFS!!!