Monday, January 8, 2007

Cleaning House...

Alright, sorry about the hiatus this weekend from posting to the blog. It was a busy weekend of doing not much of anything...kids tend to do that for you ;-) I have been collecting a bunch of random thoughts/comments so I will punch them out here and now! Here we go:
  1. First off, Jen and I got the Sonicare Elite 7300 toothbrush this xmas. While this may seem old news to many...Jen and I were tricked into this one by our dental hygenist (something about all our teeth falling out if we don't make the change). Anyway, just to give a brief rating, I give it 4 out of 5 thumbs up. Within a few days my teeth actually did feel cleaner and I really like the fact that it does most of the work...so on the lazy scale it gets a 5 and on the effectiveness scale it also gets a 5. I did have to ding it one point though because if you forget to turn it off before you take it out of your mouth...it leaves hundreds of little bits of toothpast all over your mirror (ok that one is not really thier fault)...something that both Jen and I have done at least once. Oh yeah, it definitely takes a few times to get used too...
  2. This one is for Jen and Ellen. This was a Martha idea which didn't immediately get flushed from my brain so I figured it was worth mentioning. It is a pretty cool looking chalkboard calendar...the details are over here. Maybe someday this one will grace our walls at home. One can only hope that if the message is literally written on the wall and it is in two foot letters that even I can remember things!!!
  3. A funny story about the rise of international technology espionage in the silicon valley. You will have to read the article to understand why its so funny but I am pretty sure that this is why Jen doesn't let me go to San Jose, CA anymore ;-)
  4. This article goes against everything in the fabric of my being. Somehow...this article makes it sound like it is a good idea for women to wear a bra??? Geez, that's all the single men out there need...yet another reason for the bra to stay on ;-)
  5. Jen and I recently went to see the movie "The Good Shepherd". While I thought it was pretty interesting as it closely mirrors the actual roots of the OSS/CIA, Jen just barely managed to stay awake through the whole thing. One interesting element of the movie (in my mind) is how it depicts the CIA at a crossroad. It outlines the need for such an entity but also clearly pointe out the potential hazards. Di Nero clearly makes his opinion made regarding which direction the CIA has taken near the completion of the movie: "I remember a Senator once asked me when we talk about CIA why we never use the word "the" in front of it, and I asked him, 'Do you put the word "the" in front of God?'".
  6. Last one: For those of you who do not use Google Earth from time to time to check out your local donut shop (ok, that is just Darren I suppose), it is basically a program designed to waste lots of your time. It is a nice interface where you can zoom in on satelite images anywhere around the world. There was a contest to see who could find some of the more interesting things out there...here is what some people found:
    1. This one is an odd picture which Apple would be proud of
    2. Who can pass up a 65,000 sq. ft. rendition of the colonel
    3. This one is just downright odd...not sure I believe this one but makes for an interesting picture...
    4. Last one is my favorite just because it involves a little bit of mystery - which the article figures out for you...
and there you have it...not much about anything - Rob style.

5 comments:

CherkyB said...

I love my Sonicare. It's probably the reason I've been able to put off my gum transplant for so long.

CherkyB said...

I've revoked your blog of the week status.

Anonymous said...

The chalkboard is WAY cool!
Def. a must have.

Unknown said...

Been a bit preoccupied but hopefully I'm back now. Just had to comment on a couple of things. I TOTALLY LOVE MY ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH!!! I have the Oral B top of the line one. OMG ... what with my sensitive teeth and all, this has been a God send! I don't know why I resisted the dental hygienist's suggestion all these years. Well, yes I do. They are incredibly expensive! But worth every penny!!!

Saw the chalkboard elsewhere as well and thought it looked awesome. BUT ... I don't like chalk dust! Any suggestions as to how to modify this project so that dry erase markers or some other writing device could be used?!?

Rob said...

I suggest that you still do the chalkboard since it looks so cool but that you walk around in a plastic bubble to keep the dust away ;-)