Thursday, January 18, 2007

Starbucks Coffee for the mini-me...

Kade's Coffee: So a quick post about a funny thing that happened yesterday. Kade and I went to get his haircut yesterday at costcutters (seeing as I do not believe in paying the $17 for a kids haircut at cool cuts for kids). Kade sat there like a big boy and only occasionally moved due to being "tickled". After, we decided to walk over to Safeway and see if they had any remaining clearance toys - as we have found some Geotrax on clearance there before...and Geotrax is pretty much the coolest :-) Alas, the Safeway did not have any toys but we did pick up some chocolate teddy grahams as a "reward" (since we needed some anyway). Then we walked over to the Starbucks stand to get something for the drive home. Well, they had some little sample cups of their latest contraption...the Cinnamon Dolce Latte (360 calories and 15 grams of fat). Since they were approaching cold and it was in a little cup I grabbed one for the Kade-man. Then we sat down at the bar and Kade proceeded to drink his coffee, eat his chocolate teddy-biscotti-grahams and tell me which carts were "coming to the store", which were going "bye-bye" and which ones were "REALLY full". He was very excited and the man sitting at the table next to us was laughing along with me. I really with I had a camera because Kade's smile was infectious...he really enjoyed sitting and drinking coffee with dad (dad's drink of the day: white chocolate mocha w/ 510 calories and 24g fat...ouch). Maybe dad should re-think that one.

>> One addition: Jen reminded me that I forgot to mention how PROUD Kade was to be sitting in a big chair having his coffee...his head was held high and he had the biggest grin on his face you ever did see ;-)

1 comment:

CherkyB said...

I went to Starbucks today, but it was closed.