Thursday, December 14, 2006

Uh Jen, you sure you want to head on down to ABQ?

So apparently the pressure is on given the "blog of the week" title...good thing us married men have the hours from 11pm to 5am to ourselves to do things like blog ;-)

Couple more ramblings:
  1. Relief! Apparently Jen and I are now officially 2 for 2 in the carnivore kid department! Payton had her first chicken the other night. I can not tell you how much joy this brings to my life. Just the thought of having to support a veggie head under my roof - or worse yet...conform to the veggie diet...its enough to make a grown man shutter.
  2. I continue to struggle with the age old question "Do you get heavier or lighter when you fart?" I did google the topic a few years ago and got very few hits...well I guess technology has come a long way. Now when you google it you get approximately 209 thousand hits...jeez! I guess I now know where all those powerful Xeon processors are heading ;-) I did pose the question to CherkyB but he gave me that far off look and I pretty much knew it was over. He took over my laptop and proceeded to find some info about pressure of the gasses in your bowels effecting the resultant effect on your weight...I think I am done pondering one of life's biggest mysteries. I do find it amazing that all men universally agree on one point...if you fart, you immediately form an airtight seal so no air backfills the void left by the expelled gasses...gee I wonder why ;-)
  3. I just so happen to be an email subscriber to "thebulletin.org". If you don't know what this is then you should cruise over and take a gander. Basically this is the "clock" which follows the nuclear threat level...really quite interesting for those of us men up at 11:30pm with nothing better to pontificate upon...but I digress. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that I got an email from them with an article entitled "Where the bombs are". Well, that is just too tempting for me so I had to cruise on over. You really should read it because I was surprised at the level of detail and geographic dispersion...but the one quote I found most interesting was the following: "The large underground facility at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico, stores more than 1,900 warheads"!! Ok, so I think to myself...self, you are about to take a week long trip down to ABQ...what could be more explosive than a trip down to see the in-laws whilst sitting on 1900 nuclear warheads...uh Jen, you sure you want to head down to ABQ? :-)
  4. And oh yeah, my truck is still leaking coolant...but don't worry...at $5 a gallon I have a lot of breathing room now that our un-named employer announced that we get one extra day bonus pay...

Go G-MEN! (and for Mr. Surdilla...nice show tonight by the 49ers...Seattle looked like the cowgirls tonight!!)

Out! (Romey style)

4 comments:

CherkyB said...

When did our unnamed employer announce an extra day of pay? And how will that buy more than a couple bottle of coolant for you? Aren't you in "manufacturing"?

Anonymous said...

Charming.
You and The JohnnyB have so much in common when it comes to pondering existential questions...

Anonymous said...

no signs of "cracking under pressure".
good.
I like how you integrated farts and warheads.
Living in a household of men (hubby and 3 sons).
I enjoyed this post very much!

:)

Rob said...

Yeah - its amazing how often farts, poo and pee come up as a topic of conversation at the dinner table ;-)