Friday, December 15, 2006

Did I mention that we are potty training Kade?

So for those people who say potty training is easy...you can just leave this blog anytime now. As far as I am concerned it could be one of the most mystifying experience of my life. Take tonight for example. While I was putting on Payton's pajamas, Kade was running around the upstairs like a little naked wildman (you see we had just got the kiddos out of the bath). Then all of a sudden everything goes quiet on the western front...not usually a good sign for daddio. So I set Payton on the floor (as any responsible parent would never leave an infant on the changing table) and head over to see what disaster is awaiting me. Much to my surprise...there is Kade whizzin into the toilet...uh, ok Kade. Now in contrast...yesterday Kade was standing approximately 1 foot from his potty and he proceeds to just pee down his leg and onto the floor. Uh, ok Kade. It has been a long few weeks with loads of "accidents" for mama and papa to deal with. He is getting better but still forgets at least 2 times a day...generally when distracted with something more fun to do then sitting on the can...still not sure how that can be as when you get older in life that seems to become a highlight of the day ;-) So I hear that CherkyB is intending to try potty training this upcoming holiday break...may the force be with you! You better head over to Sam's and buy a hell of a lot of paper towels!

Speaking of the kids...the other night Kade found the little Santa hats and REALLY wanted to try them on. So we all put on our hats in the privacy of our home. Then Kade picks up the digital camera and proceeds to take pictures of Payton and I (maybe you will see those later when Jen sends out an update but for now you will just have to take my word). Then I get Kade to sit with his sis for a little and capture a snap or two...here is a sneak preview. It is amazing that they only smile when we are not paying an arm and a leg to have a professional take the pics. Oh well...such is life.

In another action packed day at the grindstone...I ran across another odd article. I find it completely ironic that I found this while sitting in my ever so exciting staff meeting. The full article is over here, but the main jist is that there is a man in Canada with no pulse but is living. It is a new type of artificial heart which just circulates the blood instead of simulating the normal heartbeat. Now before everyone goes to sleep on me (as I am a certified boreblogger), the point is that I got quite a laugh from the article as it struck me that the reporter clearly did not bother to interview anyone in my staff meeting. From my vantage point, it appeared quite clearly that most everyone in the meeting had no pulse yet somehow was alive...interesting...

Lastly (for the night), I wanted to plug a new camcorder. Jen and I have been in the market for a new one the past few weeks - ever since Kade dropped our last one on the hardwood floor. So I asked around and the general consensus was that Sony was the way to go due to the superior lowlight performance. Well, then I started reading about the new Canon Elura-100 and it actually got good lowlight ratings, on par with Sony. So I decided to march down to Best Buy and check this baby out (as the wife threw down the mandate that we NEEDED to have a new one before xmas morning). Well as we all know, the inside of Best Buy can be described as anything BUT a lowlight environment. Even more disturbing, they will charge you 15% restocking fee (~$50) just for opening and returning the damned thing. Well, I took this up with a few of the managers at the store as I saw it completely asinine that they would neither provide me a lowlight environment nor allow me to return the device w/o a restocking fee. Well after a few choice verbal exchanges (no kids were present) they agreed to let me return it by the end of the day w/o the fee...oh yeah, this is not a Best Buy commentary...I forgot. Anyway, so I finally get off work and bolt home to try this thing out being the nerd that I am...well Jen was not too happy about that as she was trying to take care of the kids and cook dinner...I guess the camcorder would need to wait a little longer. After dinner we finally get to the real issue of the day...the damned camcorder. I am pleased to say that I still have the camera. I did a side by side with the old and new camcorders and Jen was amazed. The old one was really saturated and had a terrible focus and frame rates. The new one handled our dark living room with ease...oh thank heaven...we are back in business. I still have to test it out a little more but in general I am happy with it thus far and for only ~$350...it really is a pretty solid camera. I will let you know more as I get more footage under the belt.

6 comments:

Nava said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nava said...

..."So I hear that CherkyB is intending to try potty training this upcoming holiday break"...

A heartfelt Thank You for the warning, Rob.
We shall brace ourselves with shudder towards the upcoming reports from CherkyB.

Anonymous said...

wanted to share this important potty training item.

http://www.pottytrainingstuff.com/ttoonz.htm

good luck!

Anonymous said...

you've been tagged.
check out;

http://rhonda-rhondasblog.blogspot.com/2006/12/night.html

CherkyB said...

Go G-Men! Yeah!

Rob said...

Oy, what a bad football weekend...Cowgirls win and G-Men lose...it has been a rough one ;-(