Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ramblings of a master mechanic...

Only have a few minutes but wanted to jot a few things down:

1. Have you ever gotten an odd email in your inbox stating that an email that you never sent has been bounced back to you and is undeliverable? Well, Jen and I have and its friggin' annoying. Here is an article on the issue...you are a victim of a "Joe Job"

2. What the heck is going on in Texas...maybe you Hill country folk (you know who you are) can explain this one to me...should blind people really hunt? My first thought...who goes to jail if a blind person shoots someone while hunting?

3. I am tired. Kade woke up at 3am last night and did not let me go back to sleep until about 4:30...he was complaining about his mouth hurting...I am guessing that is a sore throat. The part I do not understand...since when has Tylenol ever helped with a soar throat? Apparently it helped Kade (at 4:30)...I am still highly suspicious.

4. The Giants have hope! I was impressed that Michael Irving actually gave the G-Men some props this week on TV. If we can pull it together for the Eagles and win...then the Saints game should be a great game! Boy did they every make the cowgirls look stupid. Which leads me to my next point...

5. Cowgirls stink and Homo (I mean Romo) is over-rated! And oh by the way...Grossman RULES!!!

5. My 11 yr. old Dodge Ram w/ 100K miles is falling apart. My latest issue is my coolant...and it goes a little something like this:
  • Several weeks ago I am driving along and my truck loses its ability to maintain temperature (yes - up to the red zone)
  • I proceed to say "crap" several times...for some reason that did not fix the issue.
  • I decide to stop and look at the coolant...hmm...its really low.
  • Ding, lightbulb appears so I go get more coolant and put it in.
  • Wow, that seems to help a lot.
  • Next day, crap...what is that big puddle of green fluid under my car...maybe the same stuff I put in yesterday...
  • Again I say "crap" several times hoping that this time it will work some magic...damn!
  • I get under my truck ... yup its leakin'.
  • I proceed to say "crap" several more times ... still no magic .... double damn!
  • Now, I have several unappealing options: keep putting more coolant in at a stupid rate...or go get someone to fix the old thing. Easy choice...right?
  • Like I said, that was several weeks ago...I am still putting in coolant ;-)
L8R!

6 comments:

CherkyB said...

Just put in a bottle of that leak-stopping stuff. Sure, it gums up the cooling passages a bit. But you're set up to tow 8000lbs. Just don't tow 8000lbs anymore, and you'll have plenty of cooling capacity.

CherkyB said...

Not allowing anonymous comments is a mistake - hardly anyone has a blogger account. You should fix that if you want people to leave comments. People other than me and you, your only two commenters thus far.

Rob said...

Done on both accounts. The gum crud didn't work...I think its pretty serious.

Anonymous said...

I pass graciously the much coveted and honorable blog of the week title.
Welcome!
:)

Anonymous said...

And here's another commenter.
(Damn, them foreigners are all over the place, Eh?)

Congrats on being crowned "blog of the week" by CherkyB. I still remember when it happened to me. Ah, nostalgia is just not what it used to be....

(-) Another blog-of-the-week veteran.

CherkyB said...

A lot of "Blog of the Week" recipients crack under the pressure. I'm pulling for you, but I'm worried.