Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blizzzzaaarrrdd!

Well, as you all probably already know we are having a bit of a blizzard today. I can't tell you how many inches of snow we have gotten because its all blowing around....all i can tell you is how many inches I have shoveled thusfar and that is about 1 foot. Note in the picture that the sandbox is buried and the snow is about up to the patio chair level. Jen was out taking Kade to his 3 year appointment this morning when the storm really started kicking up. She wanted to run some errands but luckily she thought about it and decided to come back home. By the time she got home she could barely see and barely drive. She left the car at the bottom of the driveway and started to shovel...uh, that did not last very long. She turned said - "that's enough of that" and left the remaining 90% of the driveway to me...no one can ever say she is not smart! We were supposed to leave for nuclear capital of the world tomorrow...a.k.a., Albunukie...but decided that with the conditions we would hang in FTC for another day. Good thing too as our neighbor made a run over to our house to borrow some Vodka...apparently she is planning to wait out the storm drinking Cosmos...cheers!

Kade opened his first present last night...it was a Geotrax Airport from poppy. He has not stopped playing with is so I would say that it is a resounding success!

Kid news: Payton is really getting close to crawling. I have put a video on YouTube (link below) which shows her progress. It also includes a little bonus footage of the monster dancing ;-) I know that grandma Judy will enjoy that one! Kade has also started referencing Jen as "my friend mommy"...it really is funny to hear him say it. He is also doing pretty well potty training...we have moved into the mode of just making him go every 45 mins...he does it on his own now...besides the need to be told to do it. We also found that after a big drink...it is best to make him go about 15 mins later as things start to work their way through...that is one lesson you learn the hard way ;-) Anyway, hope you enjoy the dancing... (and yes mom, that is the computer you just bought him that he throws...sigh)


8 comments:

Jen said...

I just want everyone to know that I do not condone the behavior you see in the video. Although it is funny...it is not acceptable. I obviously was not home.

Rob said...

you were too at home...you were in the kitchen just behind me ;-)

Anonymous said...

well, absolutely adorable kids!
My 15 year old and I had a good chuckle...
:)

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! This is EXACTLY what family blogging should be all about! I am going to assume that the video was taken with your new camcorder and not a digital camera movie. The quality was excellent! Grandmas must be ecstatic! TFS!!!

Rob said...

Yeah - it was taken with the new camcorder. Our living room is very dark so I was pretty impressed as well. YouTube also cuts the quality way down via compression. Overall - not bad for a first try. We already have 18 inches with another ~1ft expected overnight....brrrr

Nava said...

I am cheering for Payton all the way from the valley of no snow whatsoever.
It's cold here, freezing cold, but we don't get the white beauty that comes with it.!

Unknown said...

AND ... we have relatives who were scheduled to fly out of Denver today but now are booked out of there on Christmas Eve! Guessing your little jaunt to Albunukie may be similarly affected!!!

I forgot that YouTube does dramatically degrade the quality of uploaded video. That makes your little camcorder all the more impressive! Hoping for many more entertaining shows courtesy of your children! I remember the video you shared somewhere of Kade rolling over for the first time! All too cute!!!

Boy ... I am "talkative" early in the morning! Everyone should be happy that I don't get up this early very often!!!

CherkyB said...

Last night, The Mrs. started in on the vodka, too, in the form of black russians. I was eyeballing the vodka to see if we'll make it. As long as the roads open by Saturday, I think we'll be OK.

We have that same little green garbage truck. It was one of the first fun toys we got HannahC on Christmas when she was like 1.5. I played with it that whole day.