Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kade, you are soooo scrambled!

Last weekend Kade had a moment of brilliance. He got a ball-point pen, took off the top, proceeded to draw a line from one end of our living room wall to the other and then dropped the pen at the end of the wall and walked away. (I sense my parents are laughing right now for some reason...). Later that night, The Mrs. asks me what we should do: "How do we punish the kid that does not care about anything?". The age-old parent standby: "Ground his sorry little butt --> No TV and no playing outside for one day". Wonderful, we are already grounding our little 5 year old :-(

So...this morning (the day after the grounding) I was driving Kade to school and we had the following exchange:
Kade: "Dad, am I scrambled today?"
Dad : "What?"
Kade: "Am I scrambled today?"
Dad : "You want scrambled eggs for lunch?"
Kade: "No, I want to play with you outside after work."
Dad : pause...thinking...processing...ahhh..."Are you asking me if you are Grounded today?"
Kade: "Yeah....that's what I said. Am I grounded today?"
Dad : "No Kade, you are not scrambled today"
Kade: "Great!"

2 comments:

CherkyB said...

OK, is it just me, or was he making a fighter pilot reference?

Rob said...

It does read that way...