Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bugs with personality

Day 3 was a boring day. I went out with our counselor in the morning to scope out the two options for mail services. I think that I am going to go with Aerocasillas. This will provide us with two addresses in the US: a PO Box (for mail/mags w/ no tracking ID) and a street address (for packages and important mail w/ a tracking ID). We will probably get it setup on Monday so I will keep you posted (he he). Then we ordered pizza in to the hotel room...it wasn't bad but it was super thin crust. Then we farted around the hotel since Payton was napping. By the time she woke up it was raining again so we made dinner early and went over to the house to try and get the Joi Phone VOIP working. After about 45 mins I finally got it working and talked with Grandma Judy for a while...it was crystal clear which was encouraging. Then we came back and put the kiddos to bed. Very uneventful day... we should have gone out and tried to do something more productive but we were just not that motivated.

So apparently this is the rainy season. Everyday about 3 or 4 pm it starts to rain and then it rains for about an hour or two and that's it. Yesterday it rained really hard...harder than the first two days. Overall, it is predictable so you can work around it for the most part....kind of reminds me of Florida.

Last night I went down to see if I could move Grandma Judy from the Courtyard to our hotel...no luck...sold out during a few nights of the week. Oh well...so I head back to the room. While waiting for the elevator, I looked across the hall and saw a "big ant". It was about 1.5 inches long and it was going about its business. I sat and watched it and was amazed at how much personality the little bugger had. He would take a few steps, look around, rear back, rub his face, walk a few more steps and then start the process all over again. The amazing part to me was the fact that I could see all this from across the hall...yup, he was that big. Anyway...that was about the highlight of the day.

Score: Payton = 0 upchucks, Rob = eye getting better, Kade = good and Jen = maybe getting sick.....

The two pics on the left are of the inside of our hotel here in Costa Rica. Note all the boxes and the fact that Jen has already found CBS soap operas ;-) The three on the right are of the fambly...as you can see we are trying to keep our spirits up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that you guys are there safely and are doing well! I hope everyone's health picks up though! Yeah, how sweet are the abnormally large bugs? My favorite was a bright purple grasshopper about the size of my thumb. It had orange antennaes too. Pretty sweet :)

Unknown said...

V for victory on Payton's nose? What's up with that? No mention of her ouchie in the blog as I recall!

Hey Grandma Judy! Que tal?!?

Rob said...

First, welcome Kaitlyn! The kiddos are really missing you. Kade loves the book you made for him. We haven't seen any really cool bugs yet...but we have been holed up in San Jose the whole time.

Flog, Payton took a bit of a digger off a bed when we were in the hotel in Fort Collins. It is mainly a carpet burn...but man, what a spot to get it!

Jen said...

If you look really close you can see Payton's 7th tooth. It is just barely coming in on the bottom.