Saturday, March 3, 2007

Clipmarks.com: Evaluation

Last week I was cruising through Lifehacker and ran across a utility called clipmarks. It basically allows you to quickly cut out portions of websites you are viewing and save them to an online area (video and pics too). You can organize them into categories and label the entire mess. From there, it allows you to view, blog, print and/or email the clipped content. At first I was skeptical as it always seems that any effort I make to organize my life ends in complete disarray but I gave it a shot anyway and installed it on my Firefox browser. Well, I can honestly say that so far this little gem has proven to be a great asset. It is the equivalent of an electronic "thought notebook" and has allowed me to stop the bookmark hemorrhage that I typically use for capturing future blog topics or follow-up activities. The interface is really easy to use once you get the hang of it and even though I have used it for nothing more than capturing and saving ideas it has been a huge plus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Appreciate your thoughts! Now if they'd just release the IE version! I'm thinking we could clipmark our way through our Alaska excursions but it may be too late!!!

CherkyB said...

I suppose this is just another reason that you are better than Me, CherkyB.