Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Three quick ones....

This last weekend we finally got everything together and put up our Costa Rican Christmas tree. It turns out that the "trees" at the tree farm are actually shrubs and grow to a height of 8 to 10 feet in one year. They trim them year round into the shape of a tree...that explains why the branches are very flimsy and can barely hold any of our ornaments. Anyway, Saturday morning while Kade and I were putting up the lights...I was getting ready to put up the angel topper. I hear the following from behind me:
"Dad, that is a really tall tree.... Are you going to put the angel way up there?" ... silence ... "be brave angel, be brave"
On a separate note, I was taking a shower with Kade and Payton this weekend. The kiddos have taken a fondness to the shower lately as the bath is just plain old snoring. So we are in the shower , Kade is holding a bowl full of water and pretending to paint on the shower door. This is what follows:
Kade: "Dad, look at me...I am painting"
Dad: "Really...I see....what color are you using to paint?"
Kade "water color"
I don't think he quite got why I started to laugh.

Finally, Payton told me that she loves me - I really could understand her for the first time. When mom asked if "Payton loved mommy" she got a side to side shake of the head....then Payton proceeded to tell Grandma GiGi that she loved here too (over the phone). That is about par for the course with Payton!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone here enjoyed the Be Brave story. Out of the mouth of babes! The other two were cute too, so keep the updates coming.

Anonymous said...

aww so sweet.

CherkyB said...

Was the trip to the top of the tree so far that you had to take along a beers? It was for me.