Monday, December 10, 2007

I finally figured it out...Brut and Hoopla 4 Hopla!!

When I was like 7 or 8...my parents gave me a wonderful xmas day present...my very own bottle of none other than Brut cologne. I poured just about the whole bottle on my that very day...most likely ruining everyone's Christmas day but my own. As I told Jen this story this evening...she reminded me that this is exactly why you don't go and give a bottle of cologne to an 8 year old. What sparked the story was my trip to the grocery store this evening. I was walking through the store when I stumbled upon an endcap of none other than Brut! I have not seen Brut in a very long time and it made me wonder...who the hell buys Brut? Well, apparently the answer to that question is people in Costa Rica! Upon further follow-up on wikipedia...it is apparently the #3 selling cologne in the world...go figure...I guess that makes it ALMOST "the essence of man" as advertised!

Other tidbits of note:
Some of Payton's new sayings include: "I love you" (to Jen finally) and "I am sorry" to Kade after she bit him this evening!

Also, Kade informed us this evening (as he sat 5 inches from the TV screen) that he needed to watch the news so he can play football with me in the street....ummmm, ok Kade.

Finally, what's all the hoopla about Hopla you may ask??? Hopla da Montare (the miracle whipping cream direct from Italy which comes in a box) is apparently the next best thing to sliced bread. Jen was raving about it tonight much like so many others on the web [warning: all the reviews are in Italiano]. As you can see...things are a bit different down here ;-)

1 comment:

CC said...

I so remember that Christmas and was just telling Mike about it the other day. The empty bottle was in the basement on Dad's toolbench until, like, 1989. It may still be there today.....