Friday, June 6, 2008

Me and My Cellphone - 1

A little while after arriving in CR I got a new cellphone which actually has a camera....a slightly crappy camera with lots of quality issues...but it does ok in a pinch. It is an HTC Touch which to be honest is probably not worth the money (sometimes gets locked up, it is Windows based after all)....it is a good thing I didn't have to fork out the dough for it...the company did. Anyway, the point is that I actually have a camera with me when I am driving my car. So I started keeping it at the ready when cruising around CR just so I can snap some of those things that you do not tend to see in the states. As such, I will be starting a new series called "Me and My Cellphone" to share those special and uniquely CR moments with everyone else...hope you enjoy.

The first picture is a fairly typical scene from my morning commute. Since there is a LOT of rain in CR...the drainage ditches along the side of the road can be very deep. Quite often along the main highways they are as deep as 3 to 4 feet - without any barriers. As you can imagine...that is simply way too irresistible for the knuckleheads to stay away from. Ahh, There is nothing like a big rig stuck in the drainage to snarl up the morning commute something fierce.

No comments: