Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hooters - A Fambly Experience

The fellas in Fort Collins apparently have started a new tradition...Fridays at Hooters. I was "lucky" enough to be a participant at the first Friday at Hooters even though it was not a tradition at the time. It was during my "I have a hankering for wings phase" so we decided to hit the Hooters...and yes I am still in that phase...I still have not had really good wings.

Anyway, some of the conversation that glorious sunny day centered around the seating choice. I wanted to sit by the big windows so we could take in the views of the surrounding natural beauty, the Rocky Mountains......someone else felt it would be better to sit by the drink station...also arguing that we could take in the views of the surrounding natural beauty, again...mountains. We never reconciled our differences...we still sat by the window on that trip and on subsequent trips (without me) they sit by the drink station...

Well, last night we went to the Plaza Iskatzu for dinner. It was abut 5:15. Nothing opens until 6:00....except for....you guessed it....Hooters. So I tell Jen that it really is a "family place" and she decides to give "Fridays at Hooters" a try. It does not take her long to realize that it is "mostly men" in the place. Correction Jen...all those women in the corner are waitresses...this place is "All men". She is also amazed at the waitress uniforms...and declares that Hooters is not really a family place ;-)

We go on to have a very interesting conversation about the mountain scenery. She points out to me that our waitress has a perfectly proportioned landscape. Gee honey, I hadn't noticed....but now that you point it out...there is something unique about her...I just couldn't figure out what. Then Jen proceeds to tell Payton that "she will not be a Hooters girl when she grows up". To that I say..."Why not? There are far worse ways to put yourself through college aren't there?". She agrees. Then we discuss how her father would likely be insanely jealous that Jen has been to the Costa Rica Hooters and he has not....maybe the change in scenery would be enough to get him over his fear of coming to Costa Rica...we will see.

But.... the most interesting thing about the experience was what I learned. You see, CherkyB...the best way to experience Hooters is not to sit by the drink station.....it is clearly to bring your fambly. There were never less than 2 waitresses at our table...all bending down to play with the chillens. At one point, the waitresses actually took the kids (while the Mrs. and I finished eating/talking) and played with them in the waiting area. I have never seen so many 20-50 year old men wishing that they were a 3 year old boy again. Even the Mrs. had to agree that the service was incredible. There was always someone to help if we needed anything, they watched the kids while we ate and there was always another beer on the table before the last one was gone.

So I think that everyone should go to Hooters next Friday....as one big happy FAMBLY.

1 comment:

CherkyB said...

Only two more days until Hooter's Friday.