Saturday, June 16, 2007

BBQ Babyback Ribs

First let me apologize for the extended break. There is so much to update. I will try to get through most of the important stuff sometime this weekend.

Something that I find myself continually doing is having to look through a bunch of my notes and online recipes for BBQ ribs. Every time I cook them I go through the same exercise and so I figured I would just put it here once and for all. So here it is...how I make BBQ ribs (I do on occasion smoke them also but this is how I usually make them).
  1. Wrap your ribs (laid flat) in tinfoil and put on a baking sheet.
  2. Figure out how much time you have before dinner and subtract 20 minutes (nothing under 1.5 hrs turns out well).
  3. Follow the cooking chart below (now with enhanced Celsius conversion built in since we are in Costa Rica)
  4. Take ribs out, baste with BBQ sauce of your choice and put on a hot grill for 10 minutes per side.
That's it. I used to make my own BBQ sauces but the store ones are good enough to not warrant the extra effort. If you have a killer sauce...then post here so we can try.

2 comments:

CherkyB said...

In a bizarre coincidence, I made babybacks today.

Rob said...

I used the 150min/150C point and the ribs were awesome! Literally falling off the bone. Next time I am going for 200min/130C to see how much of a difference I can tell.